The principles underlying SEAMARK’s investment approach are applied to a wide range of mandates, each of which is then
customized as required to meet the needs of each client.
- Preserve then Enhance: Investment decisions are made with a focus on first preserving, then enhancing capital.
- Long-term Focus: SEAMARK seeks to add value by looking beyond short-term market “noise”, selecting quality investments that can be bought and held for the long-term, limiting transaction costs and the risks associated with market timing.
- Team-based: SEAMARK’s investment professionals work as a team to select and monitor investments, limiting personal biases and ensuring our best ideas are consistently applied for the benefit of all clients.
- Safety of Principal: Fixed income securities provide a foundation for investors and are selected with an emphasis on ensuring safety of principal.
- Reliability of Income: SEAMARK focuses on high credit quality fixed income securities where, upon independent review, the fixed income team is satisfied the possibility for default by the issuer is effectively zero over the time horizon of the investment.