return of former leadership heralds the resurgence of an
investment style & process which has
proven to have worked so very well
for SEAMARK clients in the past.
We strive to create risk-averse portfolios that provide clients the dual benefits of high relative returns with low risk.
Our investment approach helps protect our clients’ assets during significant market downturns.
Management of portfolios from the bottom up, emphasizing quality & an aversion to risk were key features in the original success of SEAMARK.
As an extension of our core
low risk investment philosophy, over 2 years ago we
developed a fundamental low volatility equity solution.
We have one of the longest fundamental low volatility equity track records.1 And our record includes the calendar year 2011, which was one of the most volatile periods of the past 50 years.
The SEAMARK Low Volatility Equity Composite2,3 achieved an upside of 10.1% for the first quarter of 2013, compared to the return of 3.3% for the TSX for the same period.
The return of the Senior
Equity Team4 a year ago was a key event for
Since their return in April of 2012:
To discuss with our Senior Portfolio Managers, do not hesitate to contact us.Contact Us
1) Based on the data among Canadian (Fundamental) Asset Managers by eVestment Analytics.
2) Performance data is calculated on an actual basis for periods of less than one year, and on an annualized basis for periods on one or more years. Performance data assumes the reinvestment of all distributions and does not take into account management fees or income taxes (except for withholding tax, if any, on foreign income) payable by any investor that would have reduced returns. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. Performance is reported in CA$.
3) The SEAMARK Low Volatility Equity Composite includes assets of the SEAMARK Pooled Low Volatility Equity Fund and a similar mandate under the management of McKim, Wishart and Loughery during their partnership at LeeSide. Performance data is calculated on an actual basis.
4) From LeeSide Capital Management Inc.
5) SEAMARK Pooled Fund Returns (PDF)